Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This is Goodbye

This popped up on my phone today: (like my nice screen shot?)
There is a severe weather alert that goes into effect tomorrow at 1pm. Since I might not make it through the storm I thought I'd say goodbye before then. There was a SWA (severe weather alert) last semester and I lived through that one so my hopes are high for this SWA. Sometimes (all the time) the SWA's are an over-reaction. Last time I was asking Jill if she had stocked up and was ready, she told me she had a car. If we lost power she could use the car heater and charge her phone in there. And her and I were pretty well stocked up on beverages (over-stocked even) so we weren't worried.
This semester on the other hand... (actually Sam has a car so if it gets too cold we can hide in there). I have enough tylenol to last me to the end of time but I ran out of water and cough drops last night, and tissues on Sunday, and pringles last week, and bandaids this morning when I fell down the stairs. Us college kids are ill-prepared for disaster. No flashlight, no extra blankets, no 72 hour kit or year-supply. If it gets bad I'm gonna be in trouble... (Jord has a flashlight. In case of Emergency go to her room.)
I'm secretly hoping Wednesday night we get a TON of snow, so much so that it might just possibly be very dangerous for my professors to drive to school on Thursday.... maybe there will even be too much snow by Wednesday night so I don't have to walk to my meetings in the snow.
Regardless- my snow boots are going to be getting some good use in the next few days. They (and me) are pretty excited. I've got big plans for this SWA: snow angels, snowmen, sledding, snowball fights, snow shoveling...
In case the snow storm doesn't finish me off I have a paper due in Math on Friday and an assignment due tomorrow- those will definitely do me in. So goodbye, I love you all! My will is in the attic in the blue box labeled: "Will Box". See you on the other side.
-ALC
In other news my white bedspread is now a lovely (its hideous) shade of blue. also ignore the weird lobby mirror picture and look how cute my outfit looked for my presentation today. I could run the country in those trousers. Or ruin the country as I texted my Mum...

2 comments:

  1. You are a goof ball!!! You brighten our day!!! Hope it isn't as bad as you predict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have been able to rock a pair of trousers! Hats too!! Stay warm. I just might climb up in the attic to retrieve your will for some humorous entertaining reading... Silly girl. Probably the only 10 year old who wrote a will and planned out her funeral, think it will still all apply when you live to be 100?

    ReplyDelete