Tuesday, February 25, 2014

EBM

The mailman finally came. And he brought my big white envelope with him.
I didn't think it would be a big deal to wait until that night when everyone could gather, I mean the call was the same no matter what time I opened it. And I would know THAT night, so no big deal to wait out the afternoon.
Oh my gosh I thought I was going to die. It was right there. Sitting on my desk next to me. It would take 15 seconds and I could know.
BUT- I waited. Alyson's self-control for the win. I knew there was a reason to only eating 1/4 of a truffle at a time. And all those times of teaching myself to wait finally paid off.

I have never done something so exciting in my life as reading that letter. That's what it was- pure excitement.
It was a little (super) hard to not be able to open it with my family. It meant we couldn't all huddle around the computer after and research wherever I was going, and I couldn't be there to share the excitement with them and my daddy couldn't hug me and Mum couldn't read the paperwork with me... but I am so grateful for my friends that were able to be there with me and be excited with me! Especially Jill who got to facetime! We skyped in with the family so they were able to watch it though from what I hear the internet wasn't working and I was green. Oh well the call was the call green or not!
Luckily one of my friends was able to video it so that anyone who wants to watch it and didn't get to can. Excuse the weird iphone filming. Also I don't actually open the call till like 4:02. Everything before that is just talking and you can skip it. (that is if the video file I am trying to embed will work)


That was extremely difficult. Appreciate the hour I just spent getting that stupid video to post!!
So EBM it is. That stands for the England Birmingham Mission (the missionaries there call it the "Earth's Best Mission. Get it?) and I am Ecstatic.  Its amazing how I love Birmingham so much and I have never even been there.
Pretty much I know nothing yet, math homework and a nap (I could not fall asleep until like 2:30 in the morning the excitement was too much) took precedence over research. But when I find stuff out I'll let you know.
This is my mission. It's huge, the whole red area is mine. Coast to Coast.
I also think while I am there I should pick up an accent. That would be cool.
If you want to learn more about where I will be living click here. More about the church I am serving a mission for here.

-Sister. ALC

1 comment:

  1. I Love the links you included. I Love the technology that allows us to be connected even when you live on the other side of the country. I love that we were able to "see" you open your mission call, even if I couldn't hug you afterward and even if our connection was not perfect. But most importantly, I love you!! Thanks for being the wonderful, incredible person you are and for being willing to serve the Lord because you love Him too. Love, Mumzie

    ReplyDelete