Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pinterest and Home

Sometimes it's funny things like this that remind you just how small the world is.
Since coming to SVU I have been called as the Relief Society Activities Committee Chair. Which means it is my job to plan, with my committee, fun and wholesome activities for girls who live in a certain area. (the 5th ward area).
I was browsing pinterest and had searched for something like "friendship activity". Which just pulls up any pin that has been pinned with a comment that says friendship or activity. So then I was getting all of these like quotes about friendship and weird stuff. I kept scrolling, looking for something brilliant to pop out at me and then I was like "WAIT!" I scrolled back up a little and there is a picture of Emmy. Emmy was the student body president my first year of student government in high school and she sort of took me under her wing. Her dad was also my orthodontist and knew my mum from high school and I helped her mum out with some stuff when I was a freshman. Long story short I love Emmy and think she is wonderful. So there on my computer screen- out of like a bagillion pins is a picture of Emmy.
Of course I click on it. and it links to a blog of a family that lives right by me and who I totally know. and they for a mutual activity had played a game and Emmy was there and had her picture taken which was then posted on this blog which somebody then saw and pinned to Pinterest and then I found it while randomly searching in Virginia.
And that people is a small small world. And also go Mesa for repping it on Pinterest.
I didn't use that idea... but we found a good one and our first activity is tomorrow night. I'm off to hand-out flyers to remind the girls- again. We are hoping for a great turn-out and buckets of fun! Wish us luck! ;)
-ALC
P.S. I learned its Birming-gum, not Birming-ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment