Sunday, January 26, 2014

No School!

P.S. (but this p.s. stands for pre-script not post script) I am on a blogging roll. Mum you'd better be appreciating all the effort I put in to provide you with timely posts. Except I am running out of things to blog about tomorrow.

We didn't have school on Monday. Which was almost the greatest thing ever because it meant on Sunday I could just relax and not be worried about getting up for classes the next day. Dream! So Sam and I went to Roanoke to celebrate.
We did some nifty sight-seeing and then went to a museum. It was a science type museum with a live butterfly exhibit. This story needs to be prefaced with I was having a great hair day. It was curly and volumey and great. So Sam and I go into the butterfly room and it is so HOT! I felt like I was back in Mesa. Except unlike Mesa's dry heat this was WET. Sam even said she was going to drown from inhaling too much water.
I was determined, however, to have a butterfly land on me. I don't know why but thats what I wanted. So I sat like this for a very long time. And then the stupid butterfly finally landed on me and I was so excited I made the ugliest face. Then we promptly left but my hair was already ruined.
Our tickets to the butterfly room also got us access to the rooftop and it was gorgeous. I want to have my wedding reception there. Or at least a fancy soiree. I would also like to state for the record that I "globbed" it for you dad but its lost and I don't know where it went.

 The butterfly is on my wrist. See it? Its the black thing.

 See? Good curls.
 This is from the sky bridge that goes over all the train tracks.

Apparently all the pictures from the day are missing. Like the pictures of the butterflies and the jellyfish and of Sam and I and the rooftop. Blame Google not me.
Sam and I will have to go back to Roanoke because we did not see all that we wanted to see. We are thinking on a Saturday during the farmers market.
-ALC (the butterfly whisperer)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun!!! I have been in those butterfly exhibits before and yes they are hot and humid!! I love butterflies!!
    When are you going to tell us about Sam, age, where from etc

    ReplyDelete