Monday, January 27, 2014

My Wall

Don't worry this is not some deep post about the "wall" I put up for other people or whatever. Though Jord did tell me the other day that she can see through that wall. And she can, we had a mind reading contest the other day and she totally knows what I am thinking most of the time.
No this is about my bedroom wall. It is a very thin wall. All of them, they are all thin. And the door is especially thin! I was talking to Sam today and she was telling me something and I was like "The sexual tension will be palpable!" (which I was totally right) anyway two seconds later Jord texts me: "The sexual tension is going to palpable?" and she was in the hallway and totally heard me! And now I'm concerned about what embarrassing things I might have said just as someone was walking by.
So my inside voice has gotten even quieter and I think my vocal chords are shrinking! I can NEVER sing out-loud because I am pretty sure you could even hear quiet singing. So sometimes when Sam is gone I pretend to sing but its just not the same as singing out-loud. And I miss that. BIG notes and LOUD notes and LONG notes. I miss them a lot. But until we get some SUPER thick walls I will just continue pretend singing into my hair brush.
Also apparently I listen to my music pretty loudly because the other day I was doing homework and had my headphones on listening to some quality rap music and suddenly I look up and Jord was standing right there! She has a key to our room because she is the RA so I have told her I am not getting up to get the door anymore if she already has a key. So she had just come in and I totally didn't hear her and she stood there and I had no idea she was there. It was very embarrassing. Now I listen to my music quieter. No I don't. But I probably should.
By the time I get back in May my vocal chords could be so small you won't even be able to hear me talk anymore. Last semester I would scream-sing in Jills car sometimes. She had the best bass.
-ALC
This post wouldn't be complete without a photo so here is a picture of my door after some friends heart-attacked it last week. You can't tell from the picture but its a very thin door and blocks zero noise. And more importantly keeps zero noise in.

No comments:

Post a Comment