Friday, January 24, 2014

I Am Sam

Actually this is just Alyson. But I'm here to introduce you to my new roomie Sam. Or Samwise. Or Samantha. Or Sammit.
I used to be a resident in 312, which was so fantastic. But poor Sam was new to SVU and moving in next door with no roommate. So I had (got) to move!
Moving was weird. Actually weird isn't the right word. On the other hand maybe it is. Jill was moving (yes she's left me. yes it's hard.) and I was helping her pack up her stuff when I found out all my things had to be out of 312 and into 310 BEFORE I left for winter break. and I was also sick and wanted to lay in bed and do nothing ever again. Oh and it was finals week.
So when we were done with Jills room we took the extra boxes and headed to mine. Oh MY GOSH I have so much crap. and a buttload of clothing.
Here's the weird part: the 3 previous residents of 310 were STILL LIVING THERE. So I found myself a corner and squished my stuff in there. Then I got to unpack all that stuff the night I got back, (lets be honest. Jord and I talked till like 3 in the morning and I unpacked the next day)

Wow, my post all about my new roommate has morphed into a post about how I moved my stuff to the room next door.

Samwise. She's pretty great. Its just the two of us in here together. We joke shes the right side and I'm the left side of the 310 brain. Which is ironic because she actually lives on the right side and me on the left. Its a dream only having two people. We each get our own sink and now I have TWO closets.
Sam has a large paper deer above her bed. and a large hat collection. She stays out very late and likes to drive me to dominos to get pizza (which is really a borderline addiction of mine). 
Her classes start later than mine but she totally puts up with me getting up early to study.
In fact here was our conversation this morning (it was 5:30 and I was laying in bed reading over my accounting notes) Sam wakes up and rolls over to face me.
Sam: "Why are you awake?"
Me: "I'm studying."
Sam: "It's 5:30."
Me: "I know."
Sam: "Are you okay?"
Me: "Yes."
Sam: *not quite awake anymore* "Sometimes I don't believe you. I just want you to be happy you know that. Just be happy....."

So pretty much she is just awesome. and I wish we had a picture together but we don't. Yet.
-ALC

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are happy!!! And so glad the roomie thing worked out and you have a brand new friend!!! Am impatient for a picture. We just got back into Mesa and I am all played out with 3 weeks with friends, I am just going to veg tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya babe! You got those early morning studying skills from me :)
    Can't wait to see a picture of you and Sam! Love ya tons!! Mumzie

    ReplyDelete