Sunday, September 29, 2013

Adventure Weekend

Boy was it an adventurous weekend! (don't worry the experiences were well documented) It was also a long weekend and I am T.I.R.E.D. that what I've learned since I came to college- no one ever sleeps and you're always tired.
Friday Bryce took me up to the 3rd floor of main hall. It used to be dorm rooms but they have since shut it down. Everything was locked up there but we were on official school business so we had keys. Next on my list is to make it to the 4th floor (that ones super secret!)
The news of the week was that I got an appointed position in Student Government! Give it up for the Secretary! (thats me) This means I have meetings Wednesday nights after golf that I need to dress up for. If you're keeping a tally thats 3 times minimum every week I dress up (Friday Forums and Sunday) so I really needed some church clothes. So did Jill so her and I made the trip out to Roanoke so we could do some shopping. She had a 200$ budget from her mom. Mine told me to try and find a cheap maxi skirt (still love you!). Jill and I went straight from the mall to a local concert for a great family band. They are called The Hunts and they are amazing and their lead singer is also really attractive.
After the concert we decided we had not had enough fun for one day and got dressed up to walk around W&L's campus to taunt the frat boys. (sidenote: drunk frat boys throwing up in bushes= not a turn on) After the taunting we headed to a truck stop diner that is open 24 hours a day and made it to bed before 3AM.
Saturday was the humdinger! Here on the east coast there is a thing called Pumpkin Chunking (I have been informed it is actually called Punkin Chunkin) were you take a GIANT cannon type thing and launch pumpkins at 400 miles an hour 4,000 feet. It fantastic. So some kids from the Astronomy and Physics classes went up and I got to join them.
 That tiny little dot is the pumpkin (they actually ran out of pumpkins and that is a water filled 10 lb soccer ball) (I weighed it so its legit)
 Can you see the ball now?
 Here is a side angle. See how it gets all deformed its going so fast.
 See how the circled portion has white behind it? Thats the ball exploding over 4,000 feet away from us.



 Here is a viedo. The sound doesnt even begin to do it justice it was SO loud!!





 This is my new favorite thing. Its a pumpkin spice steamer. or as Jill and I call them PSS's. Pretty much her and I have drinken too many PSS's in the past week. But they are SO good. Its literally fall in cup. (don't burn your tongue it ruins the taste of fall a little bit)
This is the secret view out the front balcony on the third floor.
-ALC

4 comments:

  1. Oh Aly - sounds like you are having all kinds of fun! So who is Jill? Is she a roommate? We can definitely do some shopping when you are here at Thanksgiving! Keep having lots of fun! I am off to AZ this week to have fun with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually you made me tired just reading about all you do!!! I know you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are playing hard. I couldn't get the video to play of the pumpkin chunking. Could anyone else?

    ReplyDelete