Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend #1

Is anybody else surprised that even though I have not been going to this school for more than a week my weekend is already jampacked? I'm not I'm beginning to think life is just jampacked all day everyday!
Friday was convocation here at Southern Virginia: If you haven't ever heard of convocation that's okay because neither had I. Pretty much it is just the opposite of Graduation, and here at SVU it is a BIG deal. On Friday afternoon everyone got dressed up and met at the gym. All the faculty came out to pomp and circumstance in their robes and we had some speakers talk about the upcoming year. It did not get me out of any classes but it was still a really neat experience.
After convocation I went to the library and studied (pretty much I have decided the wifi in my dorm doesn't work EVER. I only go 3 places- the library, the cafeteria, and my bed) then at 5:00 I had a meeting for the new golf team! We have our first official practice tomorrow and I am so excited! I have missed golfing- also my dad says the golf team is a really great place to meet boys. At 6 we had a "Welcome to Institute!" dinner. Where they played games and tried to get more people to register (don't worry I did that back in like June). Then right after the Institute dinner I had to run get ready for our first pep assembly! I remembered all my cheers, didn't drop my flyer, and did my backhandspring without breaking my neck. All in all I would call it a very successful assembly! Then I went to bed because it was already 11.
The Saturday morning I got to go (bright and early) with some of the student government kids and help at a local BV fair type things to honor the heros of our lives. (I thought this was in honor of Constitution Day but that is actually on the 17th not the 7th)
After that I went straight to the first football game (we lost) where I got super sunburned- but was finally NOT cold! You would've thought the AZ girl would have remembered sunscreen but that was not the case. I look like a lobster. 
By the time I got home from the very long game it was time to go setup for the Annual Southern Virginia University Welcome Back Dance! My roommates got roped into helping (we actually had a total blast) and after the dance we came home to watch a movie together.

I hope every weekend to come can be as fun an filled as this one was!
-ALC

5 comments:

  1. Oh, to be young again!!! Sound so fun for you!! How were classes? You failed to mention them. Having much homework? Do you like them?
    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a jam packed weekend! I can't believe you threw your backhandspring. Next time have your roomates tape the pep assembly. I want to see some proof and some college cheering in action. Glad you are having such a fun time. Are you getting to wear cute fall layered clothes and boots already! :) We miss you! Love, Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only been gone like a week and your life sounds jam packed! Don't have too much fun without us! Love, Carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like life is Full and Fun. 2 good F words. Add fabulous and you have hit the trifecta! Keep it up Missy. Love ya tons!! Mumzie

    ReplyDelete