Thursday, September 5, 2013

What I Learned in My First 2 Days at Southern Virginia

1-Don't plan on the sun waking you up. This here isn't Arizona and there is barely a sun in the middle of the day let alone in the morning. Here on the east coast they have a thing called fog. It causes the air to be cold and the visibility low.

2- If I ignore the parking lot I have a really great view out my window. Actually I'm on the other side of the room. But if I get up and invade the zones of both my other roommates and look out the window and THEN ignore the parking lot- I have a really great view.

3- Always be ready for a pop quiz. Even on the first day- this is college people! It is never too early for a pop quiz.

4- There are 60 rooms in my dorm building called the loft. 3 people live in a dorm and I think almost every dorm is occupied. So there is roughly 180 people in my building. At about 3:00 all 90 of those girls connect to the wifi and it is SO SLOW! long story short. The library has super fast wifi and no one tries to bother you.
      Also. The library has more comfortable chairs and a coffee table to prop my feet up on. AND a charger for my phone. It does not have a charger for my laptop which is almost dead. Or an elevator and it is 3 levels.


5- Do not be late to Provost Sowells class, or cheer. Actually just don't be late to anything.

This is what I have learned in 2 days and SO much more. Its amazing how many names you can learn in a few days, and classes, and schedules. My brain hurts- it had a long summer off. But I am excited to be back!
-ALC

P.S. I added an email subscriber to my sidebar. This allows you to enter your email and to be notified when I post a blog. This way you will never miss a thing! Subscribe at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment