Sunday, September 22, 2013

Who I Am

I use to be a Toro, actually I still am, and will forever be a Toro. But now I am also a Southern Virginia University Knight. And I am pretty proud of that title. You should all just call me "Alyson the SVU Knight"
Today in church I became the "Relief Society Activities Committee Chair" and I am pretty excited about that too. We are going to have some rocking activities if I have anything to say about it, and I do- I'm the committee chair. Everyone is going to want to come to 5th wards activities!
I am also a cheerleader. I cheer on my roomies while they do homework, or myself while I try to not watch TV and study. More officially I cheer on the SVU sports teams. After 9th grade I didn't think I would cheer again and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to cheer here. The girls (and guys) on the squad are awesome and so supportive of each other. We have really bonded and more often than not you can find me with one of the cheer girls. 
This is me at the Volleyball game (which we totally kicked butt at) on Tuesday!
I am also a new member in some committees. Like the Honors Committee and the Communications Committee and I applied to be on the Service Committee.
Despite all the fun things I am involved in I am also a student and try to do my homework.
I am a friend too! The little gang of 4 we have created drove out to Roanoke to go to the mall and we had so much fun!!
I am also the greatest campaigner ever, (this is my set-up for the campaign fair).
I am not however, the Freshmen Class President as I hoped. All is well, I am so thankful for all of other activities I get to be involved in here! And I will run again in the Spring!
Most importantly I am having fun! so so much fun!
-ALC

7 comments:

  1. You're just saving your big win for when you run for President of the United States, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...of all the things you "are" that you listed. You forgot my favorite...my little girl! Always and forever. Love ya, Mumzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...of all the things you "are" that you listed. You forgot my favorite...my little girl! Always and forever. Love ya, Mumzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALYSON!!! SO AMAZING :) MISS YOU :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you so much sweetheart, so glad you are able to be on so many committees, they need all your hard work!!! We visited a university in Ireland that was started in the 1600's, Trinity College and they call their freshmen, Freshers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so amazing! We/re so glad you/re having a fun time at SVU and being so involved is what makes it so fun. Love you! Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete